When selling property most people will use a real estate agent to list the property for sale and act in your best interests to sell it.
Similarly, when you are buying property, you can work with a buyer’s agent (sometimes calls a buyer’s advocate) to search and negotiate for the purchase, or to just negotiate on your behalf. They will work in your interests and should not be associated with any one real estate agency. A buyer’s agent is someone who is on your side, looking out for your best interests and ensuring you find the right property and pay the right price.
Settled In is not a buyer’s agent in the traditional sense, as we do not act for the buyer in the negotiation for the purchase of property. We are focused on the property search and on finding the property that meets your requirements. We are your property search consultant. We search and find you a shortlist of properties and then you decide what to buy and negotiate the purchase.
How can Settled In help you find a property to buy in Tasmania?
Settled In Property Search offers something a little different, in that we do not negotiate the purchase on your behalf. We will:
- Undertake your property search for you, liaising with real estate agents, inspecting properties and narrowing down the options based on your requirements
- Tailor our services to work with you how best suits you
- Present you with a shortlist that best meets your requirements
- Provide you with sales data and market forecasts to assist you in the negotiation for the purchase of the property. We do not negotiate on your behalf but ensure you have all the tools to do so yourself
Use the services of Settled In Property Search if you would like to:
- Get your weekends back and spend your time and energy on other things
- Avoid the stress and frustration of a search that continues to disappoint
- Gain access to a wider choice of properties through our relationships with real estate agents. We can source the properties that are not being actively advertised
- Have the benefit of market research, sales data and market forecasts to factor into your negotiations
- Eliminate the stress and frustration of being shown unsuitable properties by selling agents that don’t understand your needs. We will inspect the properties on your behalf and rule out unsuitable properties.
Using a buyers agent to purchase real estate is becoming more common as investors and home buyers understand the benefits they provide. Settled In can provide you with all the knowledge you need to make an informed decision about the value of a property without all of the sales hype often generated by sales agents and glossy brochures.
How much does a property search in Tasmania cost?
Traditionally buyer’s agents will charge a percentage of the eventual purchase price of the property. Logically this doesn’t translate to negotiating the lowest price possible.
Working with Settled In to find your new home is not as expensive as you may think. We will provide a personalised quote to you that is a fixed price and is not dependent on the price of the property you are buying. Just because you choose to buy a more expensive property shouldn’t mean that you pay us more. Our fees are based on the time involved and the level of assistance you want or need.
Read about our home search services and what Settled In can do to help you buy a property in Tasmania. We tailor our services to match what you need.
Contact us to talk through how Settled In can help you find your dream home in Tasmania. Tell us what you are looking for and the lifestyle you want to achieve and we will provide you with a fixed price quote.
Photo credit: Sailing | Tourism Tasmania | Garry Moore